AAPB 2019 Webinar 6: Obtaining the Biopsychosocial Pain Treatment “Buy In.”
Katie Fleischman, PhD
Friday, August 23, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ET
Member Price: $50
Non-member Price: $99
Cancellations received in writing prior to a week before the webinar will be issued a refund less a $30 processing fee. No refunds for cancellations within the week of the webinar.
Professionals who complete this webinar will be able to:
- Summarize an example of an ongoing headache pain referral and treatment model examining identification of at-risk pediatric youth as part of an inpatient and outpatient multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Observe the general piolet model structure, assessments, and treatment process.
- Recognize the need for a preventative model of care and avenues of disseminating education to providers and families for the “Buy in” of biopsychosocial model of care.
- Observe and apply various models and modalities of pain education.
- Apply and practice use of various models, modalities, analogies of pain to all ages.
Who Should Attend: Any provider working with children and youth with pain.
CE Credits: 1 credit
Psychologists: The Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. AAPB maintains responsibility for the program and its content. This webinar offers a MAXIMUM of 1 hour.
BCIA Recertification: Hour-for-hour attendance in breakout sessions/workshops may be used to fulfill the continuing education requirements for recertification with certificate of attendance.
Katie Fleischman, PhD is a pediatric pain psychologist at the Boston’s Children’s Hospital’s Department of Neurology Headache Program and an Instructor at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Fleischman specializes in research, assessment, and treatment of children and adolescents with acute and chronic medical conditions, with a particular focus on pain management. Currently, she is conducting research, teaching and providing consultation, psychotherapy, and biofeedback to youth with migraines, headaches, and post concussive syndrome. Dr. Fleischman has presented on the topic of pediatric pain, headaches, migraines, post concussive and other vestibular headache concerns at numerous institutions and conferences.