Information for Authors Who Wish to Submit Articles for Biofeedback
Items for inclusion in Biofeedback should be forwarded to the AAPB office. Material must be in publishable form upon submission.
Deadlines for receipt of material are as follows:
- November 1 for Spring issue,
published April 15.
- March 15 for Summer issue,
published June 15.
- June 1 for Fall issue,
published September 15.
- September 1 for Winter issue,
published January 15.
Articles should be of general interest to the AAPB membership, informative and, where possible, factually based. The editor reserves the right to accept or reject any material and to make editorial and copy changes as deemed necessary.
Feature articles should not exceed 2,500 words; department articles, 700 words; and letters to the editor, 250 words. Manuscripts should be submitted on disk, preferably Microsoft Word or WordPerfect, for Macintosh or Windows, together with hard copy of the manuscript indicating any special text formatting. Also submit a biosketch (30 words) and photo of the author. All artwork accompanying manuscripts must be camera-ready.
AAPB is not responsible for the loss or return of unsolicited articles.
Biofeedback accepts paid display and classified advertising from individuals and organizations providing products and services for those concerned with the practice of applied psychophysiology and Biofeedback. Inquiries about advertising rates and discounts should be addressed to the Advertising Manager, Ed MacMillan.
- Articles should be in American Psychological Association (5th Edition) format, especially the citations and reference list.
- Articles should be double-spaced, 1,500 to 2,000 words long, and include an abstract of about 80 words and up to 5 keywords.
- Provide city/state and main professional affiliation information for each author, and a complete physical address, with an e-mail address that accepts attachments, for the corresponding author.
- Provide a photo of each author, scanned and sent as a GIF or JPEG file of 200 dpi or greater. Name the file with the author's full name.
- Articles should be journalistic, telling the story of an application, research topic, or treatment approach. Write the article like a story in Psychology Today or Newsweek , writing in terms that any college graduate should be able to understand.
- Keep tables and figures to a minimum (see APA 5 for information on when to include them and how to prepare them). Figures should be submitted separately as JPEG or GIF files of 200 dpi or greater. Provide a list of captions for all figures after the references; do not embed captions in figures.
- If using or adapting figures or tables from another source, get permission from the original publisher, and provide complete citation information from the original source. If using a photo of an identifiable person, get a written release with permission to use it in print.
- Please submit the article via e-mail to email@example.com as a Word document. Submit only previously unpublished work. You will have a chance to make corrections to proofs. Proofs must be returned within 72 hours to assure publication in the next available issue.
Thank you, and I look forward to your submission.
Changes of address, notification of materials not received, inquiries about membership and other matters should be directed to the AAPB Office:
Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback
One Parkview Plaza, Suite 800
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Tel 303-422-8436 - Fax 720-881-6102