AAPB Virtual Education/Webinars
AAPB is bringing educational seminars to you--literally. The new Virtual Education webinars offer continuing education credits and the opportunity to gain cutting-edge knowledge from the comfort of your home or office. The credits you receive are approved by APA and satisfy the BCIA recertification requirements. Additionally, the credits may be used to maintain your license - a great value!
What is Virtual Education?
Virtual Education webinars are 60-90 minutes each and provide 1-1.5 hours of continuing education credit per webinar. You can invite multiple colleagues to participate for no additional charge (only those registered receive CE credit, however). Participants will access the interactive webinar by logging in online to view the presentation and dial in by phone or VoIP for the audio portion.
AAPB Virtual Education webinars can be used to meet BCIA didactic training and recertification CE requirements. If you are seeking BCIA certification or recertification, visit the BCIA website for more information about required training and continuing education.
The CE credits earned through AAPB Virtual Education webinars are also APA approved and may be applied toward credits needed for professional licensure. Check with your state licensure board for continuing education requirements.
To learn more about other AAPB events and CE offerings, visit the AAPB Events Calendar.
Call for AAPB Webinar Presenters:
Earn $400 while helping your fellow professionals grow their knowledge base
Through our webinar programs, AAPB provides participants with high-quality education and training without leaving the home or office. AAPB offers a broad range of programming hosted by experts to help keep participants up-to-date on the latest research, clinical applications, trends, best practices, hot topics and subjects of special interest in the arena of applied psychophysiology and biofeedback (neurofeedback, optimal performance, HRV).
Participants gain insight and knowledge to help them take their careers to the next level, while gaining valuable APA/BCIA continuing education credits. We invite you to be a part of this education initiative, giving our members the knowledge and skills they need to elevate the science and practice of applied psychophysiology and biofeedback.
We invite you to submit a proposal to conduct a webinar presentation. Interested parties should complete this form and return it to Michelle Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact information for each speaker must be provided. Each presenter must be available on a mutually agreed upon presentation date. Once submitted, your programming idea will be forwarded to AAPB's Webinar Team for consideration. AAPB will notify you of acceptance.
We look forward to reviewing your submission, and will contact you if your topic has been chosen!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a webinar? A webinar is a virtual program presented live on the Internet using a PowerPoint presentation for the visual part and a land-line telephone connection to provide a high quality audio portion (a cell phone does not have good enough audio for a webinar). Webinars are also recorded, archived, and made available for purchase.
How long does a webinar last? AAPB offers 60 and 90-minute webinars. For a 60-minute program, presenters should prepare for 45 minutes of presentation and 15 minutes for question and answer segments. For a 90-minute program, presenters should prepare 75 minutes of presentation and 15 minutes for question and answer segments. (Note: Questions can be received through the platform chat box).
What are the presenter's responsibilities?
1. Complete the "AAPB Webinar Presenter" form, inclusive of required exam questions.
2. Provide a PowerPoint presentation to be used for the visual part of the webinar, as well as speaker biographies and photos. These must be submitted no later than two (2) months in advance of the program.
3. Locate a quiet room, a computer with Internet capabilities, a landline phone connection, and a headset to present the webinar.
4. Participate in training in advance of the webinar to review how the presenter will use the capabilities of the webinar platform, how presenter might poll the audience with a question, how the webinar and presenter will be introduced by the AAPB staff member, how questions will be handled in the presentation, etc.
What does AAPB provide?
1. AAPB will provide the technology and infrastructure to produce the webinar, host the recorded webinar, and handle all e-commerce related to webinar registration and payment.
2. AAPB will track all program attendance and provide all program registrants with a confirmation e-mail and instructions on how to access the webinar. AAPB will also help respond to e-mail and telephone inquiries about the program.
3. AAPB will provide all registrants who complete the webinar with an electronic Certificate of Completion.
4. AAPB will handle all technical aspects of the webinar including training the presenter(s) on how to use the webinar platform and monitoring/assisting with the entire live webinar presentation. To assure the highest quality webinar, an AAPB staff member will formally introduce and conclude the live presentation as well as facilitate any Q&A and post-even exam dissemination.
5. Webinar presentations are given voluntarily for educational purposes. Speakers are compensated at $400 per event.