AAPB?s Membership Recruitment Rewards Program
Introducing AAPB’s Members Recruitment Rewards Program…
Invite your colleagues, staff and others in your professional community to join the association dedicated to advancing the development, dissemination and utilization of knowledge about applied about the field to improve health and the quality of life through research, education and practice. Click here to view program details in PDF format.
Points to consider when sharing the benefits of AAPB:
The Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback is the source for networking, quality research, legislative efforts, insurance information, and continuing education in the field of mind/body medicine, rehabilitation, education, and peak performance training applications of psychophysiology and biofeedback. Come and join us today. As you can see below the benefits are abundant and very practical including:
- Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback, the dynamic quarterly journal that publishes quality peer reviewed papers in the field. This publication is also accessible on-line and its articles provide extensive research outcomes that support the efficacy of biofeedback.
- Biofeedback, the clinical journal published four times a year containing regular and invited columnists, announcements, and practical articles on treatment, clinical applications and instrumentation. The journal is also accessible online as a searchable online publication.
- Advocacy for biofeedback and applied psychophysiology with third-party carriers, regulators, and the medical community.
- Unique opportunities for networking with your friends and colleagues. Only through AAPB will you be able to interact with professionals who share your particular goals and concerns.
- An annual meeting that provides cutting edge information with leading speakers, presentations and workshops. With unparalleled opportunities to network, learn, and continue your professional development, it is the most important biofeedback and psychophysiology meeting of the year.
- A trade show held in conjunction with the annual conference that offers the largest presentation of the latest instrumentation in this field.
- Discounted registration for the annual conference, AAPB’s year-long teleseminar series, and other continuing education programs.
- Advanced training workshops offered each fall.
- Publication of the only regularly updated compilation of research findings that demonstrate the efficacy of biofeedback, Evidence-Based Practice in Biofeedback and Neurofeedback. A wide-range of other publications and resources are available at substantial discounts through AAPB’s online bookstore.
- Members of AAPB’s Neurofeedback Division also receive NeuroConnections, the informative newsmagazine published cooperatively with the International Society for Neurofeedback and Research (ISNR).
- Continuing Education opportunities for reading quarterly journal articles.
- The AAPB Provider Directory, an online, consumer-access directory that you can participate in and allow prospective clients to locate you through this cost-effective service.
- A Member’s Only section of the AAPB web site provides immediate access to the latest announcements and information and special features for communicating with your colleagues.
- Professional liability insurance and life insurance programs.
- Practitioners’ public web access to continuing education offerings from a variety of sources
- Clinician’s Resource Library provides information on insurance coverage, coding, and a variety of valuable tools directed at helping you run your practice.
- Federation Membership – Federation of Associations in Behavioral & Brain Sciences (FAABS), a dues-supported coalition of member organizations, university departments of psychology, schools of education, research centers, regional psychological associations, and science divisions of the American Psychological Association (APA). Through AAPB’s Federation membership, you receive a 25% discount off of your APA dues.
Win AAPB event and membership discounts, an iPad or other exciting rewards for each new member you recruit...
Recruit 1 to 2 new members and select:
- $75 AAPB gift certificate redeemable for AAPB event registration or AAPB membership renewal
Recruit 3 to 4 new members and receive:
- $100 AAPB gift certificate redeemable for AAPB event registration or AAPB membership renewal
- Entry into prize drawing for an iPad
- Entry into a drawing for a FREE AAPB webinar presentation
Recruit 5 or more new members and receive:
- $150 AAPB gift certificate redeemable for AAPB event registration or AAPB membership renewal
- Entry into prize drawing for an iPad
- Entry into a drawing for a FREE AAPB Annual Scientific Meeting registration
Tips for Recruiting New Members
- Invite a prospective colleague/student to attend an AAPB event to experience first-hand the professional benefits of AAPB membership.
- Start a discussion about AAPB membership, emphasizing the benefits and value at industry networking events.
- Share issues of AAPB’s Journal, Biofeedback Magazine, E-News and other publications to attract the eyes of potential new members.
- Forward announcements of AAPB educational events/conferences.
- Welcome your organization’s newly hired individuals; use the opportunity to discuss AAPB.
- When discussing membership with a prospect, listen for clues as to what they look for in a professional society. Stress those member benefits that meet their needs.
- Only open to current AAPB members (non-members, and past members are not eligible).
- The recruitment period is July 1 – June 30. Recruiters will be notified of their awards earned for the membership year by August 1.
- Completed membership application (either print or online), with full dues payment, must be submitted with the recruiter’s name noted in AAPB Membership Application form. Only one recruiting member may be listed.
- There will be no retroactive qualifying of recruiters.
- All amounts are quoted in US dollars.
- AAPB gift certificates are only valid toward AAPB dues or products and services.
- The AAPB Direct Member Connect rewards are nontransferable and may not be combined with other AAPB membership incentive programs.
- AAPB Direct Member Connect rewards earned are not redeemable for cash.
- Individual awards are subject to federal laws, and certain countries are not eligible.