Documents showing the efficacy of biofeedback for clinical and performance related problems.
There are several sources of information on biofeedback efficacy. On this site you can find (a) a list of disorders and inefficient performance, (b) links to the AAPB Online store where you can find the new edition of Evidence Based Practice in Biofeedback and Neurofeedback 2008, by Carolyn Yucha, PhD & Doil Montgomery, PhD, and other useful publications, and (c) the Efficacy of Biofeedback and Neurofeedback for Common Disorders: A White Paper Series Sponsored by AAPB and ISNR.
- List of Disorders and Performance Related Issues
- Evidence Based Practice in Biofeedback and Neurofeedback 2008 - now available from the AAPB Online Store
- White Papers on Biofeedback and Neurofeedback efficacy:
- Template for Developing Guidelines for the Evaluation of the Clinical Efficacy of Psychophysiological Interventions.
- Introduction to White Papers Series -- Guest Editorial.
- Biofeedback Treatment for Functional Anorectal Disorders: A Comprehensive Efficacy Review.
- Electroencephalographic Biofeedback in the Treatment of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Efficacy of Biofeedback-Based Treatments for Temporomandibular Disorders.
- The Efficacy of Behavioral Treatments for Hypertension.
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Biofeedback in the Treatment of Urinary Incontinence: A Literature Review.
- Thermal Biofeedback for Primary Raynaud’s Phenomenon: A Review of the Literature.
- EEG Biofeedback as a Treatment for Substance Use Disorders: Review, Rating of Efficacy and Recommendations for Further Research.
- Clinical Efficacy of Psychophysiological Assessments and Biofeedback Interventions for Chronic Pain Disorder.
- Biofeedback Treatment for Headache Disorders: A Comprehensive Efficacy Review.
For independent reviews of biofeedback, you may want to go to the National Library of Medicine’s “Pub Med” site and do a search combining the terms “biofeedback” and the problem you are interested in.