Welcome to the AAPB Calendar! All events are subject to approval by AAPB. Any events not deemed appropriate will not be posted. If you need to make changes to an existing listing or have any problems, please contact our webmaster. Listings will typically be posted within 48 hours of submission but can take up to a week for approval.
March 2019 Back to Top
This training is designed for clinicians seeking to acquire neurofeedback skills. The training provides the participants with the knowledge and practical skills necessary to successfully integrate neurofeedback into their clinical practice. The training is also a necessary part of preparing the participants for Board Certification in Neurofeedback.
This 36-hour neurofeedback training is accredited by Biofeedback Certification International Alliance (BCIA) and fulfills all the criteria of didactic training necessary for BCIA board certification in Neurofeedback.
The training prepares its participants to immediately begin the practice of neurofeedback on the way to board certification. Neurofeedback is a powerful clinical tool that enables clinicians to successfully work with otherwise difficult to treat patients suffering from a variety of psychophysiological disorders. Neurofeedback has been empirically demonstrated to be an efficacious treatment of ADHD, epilepsy, depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, autism, and many others.
This training provides sufficient material so clinicians will
• Gain knowledge the psychophysiological and electrical bases to understand the theory underlying neurofeedback
• Gain understanding of the conditions appropriate for neurofeedback treatment
• Gain familiarity with common assessments
• Gain understanding of different neurofeedback modalities
• Gain knowledge of the neurofeedback recording devices
• Gain practical experience to perform an effective neurofeedback session and assessments.