2016 AAPB Webinar 14: HRV Self-regulation Program for Peak Performance
Presented by Pierre Beauchamp, PhD
No CEU's available for this recording.
Available for download after purchase
Psychophysiological assessment and training tools, specifically HRV, are increasingly integrated with sport science services for professional and Olympic level athletes. This workshop will detail Mindroom PSP's working model of a typical psychophysiology session with eiite performers. Demonstrations of a thorough assessments (1 hours) and a brief assessment (5-minutes) will be completed. The Mindroom PSP HRV program protocols of training will then be presented. Specifically, elite athletes protocols to enhance self-regulation and Decision-making will be highlighted. How to plan a 10-week protocol utilizing the Mindroom 5-step approach (Assessment, Education, Training, Simulation, Evaluation) will be illustrated with examples from several different Olympic sports. In this workshop, examples of the assessment-to-training plan development will be reviewed with an emphasis on the Simulation and transfer of self-regulation skills to a high-pressure competitive environment. The goal of how to provide real-time feedback to athletes regarding shifts in physiological states to enhance their mastery of state regulation will be demonstrated. Finally, the use of other technologies in the assessment and training of selective attention and decision-making under pressure will be discussed.
Professionals who complete this webinar will gain:
- Participants will be introduced to the Mindroom Sport Performance 5-step HRV Biofeedback Program.
- Participants will learn how to utilize the Mindroom PSP Suite of 7 Assessments.
- Participants will learn how to develop their protocols based on the Mindroom Gold Medal Program utilized by Olympic Training Centers and Teams.
- Participants will learn how to evaluate the efficacy of their Self-Regulation Program utilizing HRV objective measures integrated with other related assessment tools.
- Participants will learn to consider a comprehensive multidimensional approach to tracking and monitoring of athlete markers related to sport performance.
Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Prerequisites: None. Advance preparation is not required.
Pierre Beauchamp, PhD is the President/Founder of Mindroom Peak Sports Performance - a ground breaking human performance laboratory that has achieved worldwide recognition through the utilization of cutting edge sports science technology to enhance performance (www.mindroompsp.com). Pierre has worked with the Canadian Olympic Association, International Olympic Committees, National Sport Organizations and National Team athletes for a variety of countries in preparation for Olympic Games: Lillehammer (1994); Atlanta (1996); Nagano (1998); Salt Lake (2002); Vancouver (2010); London (2012), Sochi (2014) and Rio (2016). Presently, Pierre builds sport science prototypes, psychophysiological HRV software and hardware for tracking and monitoring athlete performance.