2009 AAPB Webinar 2: Battle Trauma: Psychophysiology and Biofeedback Applications
Presented by Carmen Russoniello, PhD, LRT, LPC, BCIAC
No CEU's available for this recording.
Available for download after purchase
This recording will highlight the devastating impact of battle trauma on veterans and their families. In particular, the TeleSeminar will cover the assessment treatment and outcome measurement capabilities of psychophysiology and biofeedback in treating veterans with PTSD and traumatic brain Injury or TBI. Current work with Marines at the Wounded Warrior Battalion East (Camp Lejeune) will be reviewed. The applicability of these psychophysiology and biofeedback approaches for other types of trauma will also be discussed.
Professionals who complete this teleseminar will be able to:
- define battle trauma and its extreme consequential effects: PTSD and TBI.
- discuss several methods for using psychophysiology to assess for TBI or PTSD.
- discuss several methods of using biofeedback in treating symptoms of TBI or PTSD.
- discuss several methods for using psychophysiology to assess outcomes of TBI or PTSD biofeedback.
- illustrate potential of these methods with other trauma disorders