Anti-stress management for Kids - Preventive work in schools
Daniel Hamiel, Ingrid Pirker-Binder & Christine Lang
Introduction: Daniel Hamiel
We have developed a program to enhance stress management and peak performances in the class setting (all grades in diferent levels). The program integrates physiological (biofeedback) and cognitive behavioral techniques into a stress management method. In this presentation we will present the theory and the main principles of the program.
Preventive work in schools: Ingrid Pirker-Binder & Chrstine Lang Inspired from Daniel Hamiel we developed a nonclinical, preventive work, a stress- and conflictmanagement program for Austrian schoolkids to show them how to deal with stress, to create guidelines what they can do, what strategies are the best for them. Methods: We work with the whole class and together with the teachers. After each lesson we have a meeting with the teachers to discuss the past lesson and the homework for the children for the coming week. The teachers and the children have exercises to do before the next lesson, so as to internalise what they have learned. Each unit starts exploring what their experiences have been with the exercises during the week.
Our program contains three main parts and one meditation block, which we teach in 12 to 14 lessons: Key factors:
- Physical awareness with the computer: Just look at what your body is telling you!
- Emotion, motivation, and cognitive strategies: Happy Smile and Bad Fred
- Behavioral training and communication: Help, where's the brake?
- Meditation for children: Dear, dear Worry Tree...!
At Senior High School (level) we add two modules:
- Inner balance development and maintenance: I am happy!
- Personality, learning style, individual learning technique and time management: I'm great and supercharged !
Video presentation: We will present a video of the project. www.asti.at (english version in progress)
Ingrid Pirker-Binder email@example.com