Module 7: Adjunctive Interventions and Assessment
Covers Blueprint Area VII: Adjunctive Interventions
If you need to retake the exam you will need to reorder the exam or contact email@example.com.
Donald Moss, PhD, BCIAC
This module is designed to help you:
- Conduct a comprehensive evaluation of candidates for biofeedback therapy.
- Conduct a psychophysiological stress profile as a component of the initial evaluation.
- Integrate relevant medical, work, and psychosocial histories into a comprehensive psychophysiological understanding of the patient’s symptoms.
- Educate the patient about psychophysiological mechanisms and self-regulation principles relevant to his or her disorder.
- Utilize principles of learning theory to identify critical forces maintaining or magnifying the symptoms.
- Utilize psychotherapeutic principles and relaxation, hypnotic and imagery techniques to enhance the effectiveness of biofeedback therapy.
- Apply behavioral principles and techniques to design a treatment plan for the biofeedback patient.
- Integrate cognitive/behavioral approaches into the treatment plan.