Module 5: Autonomic Nervous System
Covers Blueprint Area V: ANS Applications
Part 1: Basic Psychophysiology
Christine Hovanitz, PhD
Carolyn Yucha, PhD, RN, BCIAC
Part 2: Specific Biofeedback Applications
Angele V. McGrady, PhD, BCIAC
Richard Gevirtz, PhD, BCIAC
These modules are designed to help you:
- Summarize the basic structure and function of the autonomic nervous system.
- Explain the physiological mechanisms and processes underlying commonly employed biofeedback modalities.
- Analyze psychophysiological data in terms of basic psychophysiological concepts.
- Use biofeedback while conducting relaxation training or psychotherapy.
- Apply psychophysiological stress profiling.