Module 4: Neuromuscular Applications
Covers Blueprint Area IV: sEMG Applications
Jeffrey R. Cram, PhD, BCIAC
This module is designed to help you:
- Describe the muscle anatomy and physiology relevant to surface electromyographic (sEMG) biofeedback.
- Identify major muscle groups commonly used by sEMG biofeedback practi-tioners for treating musculoskeletal and neuromuscular disorders.
- Specify appropriate sEMG sensor configurations and signal processing for achieving various training goals.
- Discuss muscular, neural and psychosocial determinanats of chronic muscular pain.
- Identify general sEMG biofeedback strategies for treating musculoskeletal and neuromuscular disorders.
- Describe specific sEMG assessment and treatment strategies for musculoskeletal disorders of the head, neck and back.
- Describe the pathology and biofeedback treatment of a variety of disorders associated with peripheral and central nervous system injury.
- Describe the sEMG treatment of urinary and fecal incontinence.