Module 3: Psychophysiological Recording
Covers Blueprint Area III: Psychophysiological Recording
If you need to retake the exam you will need to reorder the exam or contact email@example.com.
Doil Montgomery, PhD, BCIAC
This module is designed to help you:
- Describe commonly employed biofeedback modalities such as SEMG, skin temperature, electrodermal activity, heart rate, respiration, and EEG.
- Specify and explain characteristic signals of the physiological processes of interest in biofeedback applications.
- Integrate biofeedback systems and computers to optimize signal processing and feedback displays.
- Identify sources of artifact (such as skin impedance) and reduce of eliminate environmental noise including 60-hertz, radio frequency, and electrostatic interference.
- Evaluate instrument noise levels and perform continuity checks on electrodes .
- Identify and correct electrical short circuits and correct extraneous biological activity in recordings.
- Identify and eliminate electrical shock hazards.
- Define and describe essential electronic terms and concepts of biofeedback applications.